Create:Connect – Creative Courses to Support Mental Health and Wellbeing
Theatre Workshop – Taster Sessions
- Thursday Evenings 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- 5 week open taster sessions in Theatre 19th, 26th May, (no session 2nd June), 9th, 16th & 23rd June
- Try one session, or come to them all!
- Workshops will take place at Lighthouse Theatre, Kingland Road, Poole. BH15 1UG.
- A great way to try something new, with the option to stay on for a very special Theatre Project starting in July and continuing September and October!
What to Expect
- Have fun
- Safe and supportive space
- Led by an experienced theatre professional
- Learn new skills and discover your creativity
- Meet new people and make new friends
Theatre Workshop is a great way to learn more about theatre and develop new skills and grow your creative confidence.
These taster sessions in theatre, will give you an opportunity to develop new skills, and build existing ones. We will work with a mix of imaginative devising tasks, and written texts to create short pieces of theatre together.
The sessions are suitable for people new to theatre, or with previous experience.
“It’s improved my confidence, we have a real laugh & I’ve learnt new skills”-theatre workshop participant
Contact us if you have any questions, or would like more information.
Sign up here – register your interest and we will get in touch to confirm your place.
Please note – places are limited so sign up soon to avoid disappointment.
Do you need help to take part?
To make these workshops as inclusive to as many people as we can please let us know any access needs you have when you sign up, and how we can help you to take part.
This might include regular reminders about sessions, a phone call or meeting before we start to explain what to expect and ease any anxieties, or a discussion about how you prefer to communicate. If you have a key worker or need support staff, they are welcome to join our sessions to support you to take part.
Create:Connect is kindly supported by:
The National Lottery Community Fund and Dorset Community Foundation BCP Living Legacy Fund