Create:Connect – Creative Courses to Support Mental Health and Wellbeing
Theatre Workshop with Gemma
- Thursday Evenings 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- 8 Week course 27th January – 24th March 2022 (there will be no session 3rd March)
- Workshops will take place at Lighthouse Theatre, Kingland Road, Poole. BH15 1UG.
- Follow on course starting May
What to Expect
- Have fun
- Safe and supportive space
- Led by an experienced theatre professional
- Learn new skills and discover your creativity
- Meet new people and make new friends
Theatre Workshop is a great way to learn more about theatre and develop new skills and grow your creative confidence.
This 8 week course in theatre, gives you an opportunity to develop new skills, and build existing ones. We will work with a mix of imaginative devising tasks, and written texts to create short pieces of theatre together.
- There will be opportunities to think about other skills in staging and directing.
- This course will also include a backstage tour of Lighthouse Poole.
- There may also be an opportunity to see a performance at the theatre.
This course is a great follow from Introduction to Theatre, and is also suitable for people new to theatre, or joining us for the first time.
The course is suitable for all levels of experience.
Contact us if you have any questions, or would like more information.
Sign up here – register your interest and we will get in touch to confirm your place.
Please note – places are limited so sign up soon to avoid disappointment.
Do you need help to take part?
To make these workshops as inclusive to as many people as we can please let us know any access needs you have when you sign up, and how we can help you to take part.
This might include regular reminders about sessions, a phone call or meeting before we start to explain what to expect and ease any anxieties, or a discussion about how you prefer to communicate. If you have a key worker or need support staff, they are welcome to join our sessions to support you to take part.
Create:Connect is kindly supported by:
The National Lottery Community Fund and Dorset Community Foundation BCP Living Legacy Fund