Are you a link worker involved in social prescribing?
Perhaps you’re a VCSE sector organisation, wondering about how to reach more people?
Maybe you’re an individual delivering well-being activities
As part of Thriving Communities, we’re running 5 sessions across Dorset, BCP and online to connect link workers, and the organisations and people delivering well-being activities, we’d love you to join us to find out more about social prescribing and the activities which can support people to live healthier lives.
Aims of the training sessions
- A chance to meet and network with like-minded colleagues
- Taster creative workshop exploring arts, nature and well-being; experience what taking part might be like, notice how it feels for you and what benefits it brings!
- Information and light touch training around arts, nature and wellbeing – to support you to develop your activities for social prescribing, or understand how arts, nature and wellbeing activity can support your clients meet their goals.
- Open space for advice and guidance to discuss and find support for the issues that matter to you.
Training topics covered may include
- Accessible and inclusive; overcoming barriers to participation
- Risk and responsibility; how to work safely and understand your role and boundaries
- Evaluation; understanding the impact your activity makes
- CoCreation; planning and designing activities with your communities
- 5 ways to wellbeing; using the 5 ways in your activity planning
Sessions are free and are open to link workers, social prescribers, organisations and individuals in VCSE sector delivering, or would like to learn more about delivering nature, and/or arts activity for wellbeing.
You must be based or delivering work in Dorset (including BCP).
Dates, Times and Places
Fri 27th May 10.30am – 13.00pm
Zoom – ONLINE
Mon 30th May 1.30pm – 4.30pm
POOLE – Poole Park, Cricket Pavillion
Weds 1st June 1.00pm – 3.30 pm
Zoom – ONLINE
Mon 6th June 1.00pm – 4.00pm
BOURNEMOUTH – King’s Park Athletics Centre
Tues 7th June 12.30pm – 15.30pm
WEYMOUTH – Weymouth Angling Centre
Book your free place via Eventbrite
If you’d like more information about the sessions, or have questions please contact us
About Thriving Communities
Thriving Communities is a network of projects that bring together place-based partnerships to improve and increase social prescribing community activities. The impact of nature and participation in arts, nature and physical activities on wellbeing has never been so important.
In partnership with Stepping into Nature, Active Dorset and Help & Care, we are delivering Nature Buddies: re-connecting to nature through activity, a year-long programme to upskill existing voluntary and community groups to deliver inclusive and creative nature-themed local activities for people who are referred by their Link Workers.